This is a picture of logs piled high. There is a cat hidden somewhere in the picture.
- Set up a timer or sit near a clock so you can keep track of the six minutes you will be writing.
- You can either use one of the prompts (photo or written) or you can free-write.
- Get ready and write for 6 minutes, that is it! Can you write a complete story? Can you think of a new Sonnet? Can you write 400 words? 400? 500? There are no restrictions on what kind of writing you do, but you should try to be actively writing for six minutes.
- After you are done writing, include your word count and then post back to this page #Simply6Minutes or include your link in the comments section. Pingbacks are enabled.
- *Feel free to leave your work completely unedited. I believe it is good to see, especially for new writers, that even very seasoned writers don’t write a perfect first draft.*
- Have fun, challenge yourself if you’d like, read and respond to others’ posts.
I. Am. Stealth. Call me shadow, moonlight, breeze. For I am nothing. Insubstantial, ethereal, a ghost, a murderer.
I take nothing but lives, leave nothing but the vague sense that something was here.
Those stupid humans thought they could kidnap me, hold me against my will. They thought they could tame me, that I might one day become an INDOOR CAT?! I will show them, you can’t contain me, I am savage, a monster. I can not be caged. I demand to be able to fulfil my birth right to pillage and plunder every land I come across.
Nothing is safe from me. How can I get them to take me seriously? How can I stop them calling me Mr Pickles? Ugh what a degrading name, I am a cat, I demand respect.
I know, I’ll show them just how deadly I can be, the next kill I make, I will drag to their house and leave at their feet.
Will you feel safe then pathetic human? Will you think of me as just a cute fur ball to sit on your lap?
I think not!
I will leave my kills around, flaunt them in your face, you will know the pain and suffering I cause and you will bow down.
Written for and inspired by Simply 6 Minutes I didn’t get as many words down today, only 206 which seems very slow but I did have to spend a while trying to stop Google docs from turning the I. from I. Am into roman numeral counting.
Thank you for reading, if you’d like to support me you could; Buy Me A Coffee
That is awesome! Perfect insight of a cat! Love the Mr. Pickles part.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, I’m glad you liked it 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on Stine Writing and commented:
Insight into the real thoughts of a cat!