When I’m feeling like I just cannot go on another day. When I’ve hit rock bottom and can’t find a single reason to carry on, a lot of very well meaning people bombard me with reasons to live.
These reasons are always; friends, family, my partner, my son.
How would they cope without me? How would they feel if I died?
Selfish bitch that I am, those reasons just aren’t good enough, they’re not reasons to live, they’re the reasons I want to die.
Friends, family, partner and child- all those lives would be infinitely better without me and no one could ever convince me otherwise.
But I need a reason. Especially right now, today, I need a reason to go on.
So I came up with 10!
I want to live long enough to…
- Finally find out who wins the Iron Throne.
- Maybe, possibly, someday, finish writing my fucking book.
- Learn a second language.
- Get a degree.
- Finally go on a proper holiday where you get to go on an aeroplane. Possibly to go…
- See the northern lights.
- I really want to live long enough to see men on Mars.
- And whatever the next huge scientific breakthrough is.
- If I really set my imagination free, I want to live long enough to see an actual real dinosaur brought to life Jurassic park style.
- The final reason to live, is to live long enough to keep adding to this list.